- Triceps: Executive Search –
ensuring compliance with local reporting requirements for different entities and branches in the EMEA region
About the company
Our customer is the world leader in serving science with analytical instruments, their mission is to enable their customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. The company is NYSE listed.
About the role
Reporting into the Director Finance, the accounting manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with local reporting requirements for different entities and branches in the EMEA region. This position requires experience in accounting, tax accounting and understanding of differences in international accounting principles. In addition, knowledge of corporate income tax is preferred. The accounting manager leads seventeen employees in such areas as treasury, taxes, accounts payable and general ledger accountants.
- The timeliness and accuracy of financial information in line with the Company’s policies and applicable accounting rules including US GAAP.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of local statutory financial statements of entities/branches in the EMEA region
- Coordination and management of external auditors, internal auditors, tax consultants and other third-party providers
- Manage timely filing of local corporate income tax returns, including such items as innovation box in The Netherlands
- Ensure SOX compliance by making sure adequate controls are in place and are working effectively
- Support the Sales & Services Divisions in responding to business requests
- Support statutory requirements (legal, governance, supervisory board, etc)
- Lead in accounting, reporting & tax projects
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the team
Key Technical skills/requirements:
- Master in Economics, Business Administration or Finance and a Post-Master Accountancy degree (RA).
- At least 8 years of experience in financial accounting and reporting and active knowledge of US GAAP and preferably PCAOB requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS and/or Dutch RJ
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Role Model
- Team oriented and comfortable being part of a small team
- Pro-active with ability to take initiatives
- Structured and analytical way of working
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
Further information about the role can be obtained from Eugene Kaerts (+31 (0)6 55 39 88 76). Your application can be send to email@example.com.