- Triceps Executive Search –
Director of Manufacturing
Transition from scale up to flow
Director of Manufacturing
About the company
About the role
Your primary responsibility is to lead the manufacturing sites (Fabs), safe and accident free to achieve efficient on-time deliveries at the highest quality to customers and cost control. The role includes defining a vision on manufacturing and the activities in the Fabs. The type of products are proof of concept, prototypes, specialties and volume manufacturing in cleanroom facilities, running today in 2 shifts.
Planning QRM, validated processes, Quality, Pilot line set up and scaling activities are essential activities for your team.
As the Director of Manufacturing, you determine and monitor the most important process and performance indicators (KPIs) of manufacturing, give guidance and share vision on manufacturing, up scaling, standard operating procedures and best practices. You oversee and encourage the adoption of technology, automation of processes and systems including ERP. You anticipate and respond quickly to trends and changes in performance and develop and manage the budgets of manufacturing.
In this role you:
- will be reporting to the COO
- will lead a multidisciplinary team (Operators, Engineers, Project Manager(s))
- are part of Management Team
- will be working together with the Supply Chain Manager, Quality Manager and Development manager
- will be fulltime based in the headquarters
Your focus is on achieving manufacturing results and objectives (KPI’s) and you act decisively when necessary. By motivating and improving cooperation with all stakeholders, you deliver quality, improvements, and results.
You fit comfortable in a scale-up organization and have extensive, international experience in both setting up, building and running a high complexity manufacturing operation. Operational Excellence, Lean, Six Sigma and WCM hold no secrets for you. You are international experienced in dealing with highly educated engineers and capable to build up teams. Having an independent opinion and vision on fast growing organizations, Industry 4.0 and able to execute.
- are holding an master’s degree in Applied Physics and/or Technology
- have at least 10 years of experience in a leading role in high-tech manufacturing, preferably in companies growing to a post-scale up phase
- are experienced in setting up new capabilities and pilot lines
- bring expertise in ERP, throughput time reduction (QRM), medical products (13485) and clean room fabrication
- have a track record in managing cross cultural and cross border high tech fabrication sites and integration activities
- are fluent in Dutch, English, and German
- have affinity with microtechnology and health tech (e.g. lab-on-a chip)
- are driven to contribute to products that make the world a healthier place