- Triceps: Executive Search –
General Ledger Accountant
for a worldwide manufacturer of beauty care products
General Ledger Accountant (this vacancy is fulfilled)
About the role
You are responsible for local statutory accounting. Furthermore your responsibilities as General Ledger Accountant are:
- To perform reviews and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations and coordination with outsourcing partners
- To play a major part in coordinating cross departmental month end close activities, records and judges accruals, deferrals and other close related entries
- Calculating cost centre re-allocations and intercompany recharges
- To ensure consistency and completeness of data transfers between sub-ledgers and General Ledger and being responsible for completeness and correctness of entries in the books
- Driving initiatives in cross departmental projects regarding continuous improvement and optimization of financial, reporting and business processes. Optimization through automation (blackline) and robotization, but also sensible process adjustments and perform review and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations.
- To make sure all balance sheet reconciliations are correctly executed in a timely manner.
- To manage the fixed asset process and related controls and reconciliations.
- You hold a completed higher professional education, HBO or Bachelor in Master in Economics, Finance and/or Accounting.
- You have strong measurable technical accounting skills and extensive experience in bookkeeping.
- You are fluent in English, in word and speech and at least one other EU language.
- Preferably you have already worked in a Shared Service Centre with international focus
- You have extensive ERP system experience (preferably SAP) and you have measurable advanced Excel skills.
- You have a valid EU working permit
- To ensure that you will be successful as General Ledger accountant you are a strong team player and have a pro-active attitude.
- You are a skilful communicator with the ability to convince peers and other business colleagues in complying with existing control systems and implementing new processes
- You have a highly flexible attitude, and enjoy driving change and efficiency. You can demonstrate experience in optimizing processes.
- You enjoy working in an ambitious team and you have the drive to become the best in class.
- You know how to take and create opportunities for yourself and the company.
About the company
They actively support their employees in their career development efforts and cultivate the abilities of those who aspire to bold challenges by providing each of their employees with challenging roles and responsibilities, fair performance evaluations and appropriate compensation.
Recently they have launched a plan, with the aim of becoming a company with an even stronger global presence. To achieve these goals they are looking to strengthen their team with high-quality and ambitious professionals.