- Triceps: Executive Search –
Interim Project Executive
Support and direct sales and execution teams with financial and legal risk management
Interim Project Executive
About the organisation
Two of the independent Group entities – also located in the Eastern part – process small, medium and large sized projects. The large projects vary in value from € 1 – 5 mio and are divided in projects with production onsite (onsite winding) after which the products will be installed, and in piping projects with production by one of the customer’s facilities followed by complex onsite installation work. To support this business – and also other group businesses – and to create a sound and professional project framework, our customer seeks support of a seasoned interim project executive for an expected period of 12 months. Preferably on payroll, ZZP possible.
About the role
Your immediate task is to support and direct the sales and execution team with financial and legal risk management. With a natural balance between providing directive support and hands-on execution focus, your role is to execute the Group’s risk management in projects and enhance the quality of Group’s project management.
During the sales phase the manager shares important practical experiences required for the proposals, to avoid that practical situations that may occur on site are not taken into account. He will also judge the proposed contract conditions and propose revisions in Plasticons favor. During the negotiations he may also play an important role.
During the execution phase the manager supports the project manager in executing the project according to the contract conditions. He is alert and pro-active where it comes to possible additional work, extension of time or any other conflict situation, which may arise with the customer. He helps to maintain an excellent relationship with the customer. He prepares variation orders timely and sees to it that these VO’s will be discussed and agreed with the customer.
You will create a lean and fit-for-purpose project framework, which will serve as guideline for the entire group. By supporting and educating the entire organization – and the project-management organization in particular – you will build project management as a core competence of the entire group, focusing on:
- contract and variation order/claim management
- project financial and budgetary control (including project cash flow management)
- quality control and risk management (project management review)
- project planning and integration of the project plan with the Customer’s schedule
- management of the customer relations and customer expectations
- project management reporting, ensuring the identification and escalation of issues/ risk
- Qualified senior project manager with bachelor or university (engineering) degree
- At least 10 years of experience with large scale international onsite projects, preferably in open air production and/or installation of piping systems
- Excellent experience with claim and contract management
- Experience with controlling of large projects
- Worked in an environment of engineering to order products in the industrial sector,
- Affinity with the product (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastics or FRP)
- Strong personality and directive leader
- Persuasiveness by motivation and facts
- Strong negotiator
- English language mandatory, German preferred.