- Triceps: Executive Search –
Country Controller UK
About the organization
Our clients mission is to strive for the wholehearted satisfaction and enrichment of the lives of people globally and to contribute to the sustainability of society with products and brands of excellent value that are created from the consumer’s and customer’s perspective. This commitment is embraced by all members of our clients group as they work together with passion to share joy with consumers and customers in their core domains of cleanliness, beauty, health and chemicals.
About the role
This position is responsible for the financial and accounting activities and output in the territories of responsibility in adherence with local regulations, corporate policies and in cooperation of the SSC. This includes the correct and timing preparation and submission of all local statutory and fiscal requirements for the countries/ledgers of responsibility, as well as the ownership of the trial balance and the accuracy of the reported monthly figures. Also the position is directly responsible for the set up and management of a proactive relationship with local statutory/tax consultants and external auditors, as well as creating an effective partnership with the local business including Sales, Customer Service, Operations and FP&A team. Within the area of responsibility is included the successful implementation of the Finance transformation projects as strategically decided by the Corporate or Regional Management and the maintenance of the control environment in period of significant changes.
- Responsible for management and statutory closing/deadlines including all tax/compliance and statutory belongings. This includes liaison with internal and external auditors, tax advisors and other local stakeholders
- Compliance with statutory requirements by studying existing and new legislations, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, advising management on needed actions and the SSC on new regulations including but not limited to Tax, VAT, commercial laws, etc.
- Managing the financial accounting reporting in accordance with local and IFRS. Sign off and certify monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements. Responsible to maintain proper controls over financial statements and to perform periodic B/S reviews in cooperation with the SSC GL Manager
- Responsible to maintain a proper control environment (internal controls, price- and contract-approval, terms and conditions, credit control/decision about credit limits, working capital, etc.). Establishing (in cooperation with central team) monitors and enforces financial policies and procedures. Protecting assets by establishing, monitoring
and enforcing internal controls
- Business Partner for all issues/questions related to financial accounting processes and outputs
- Drive the implementation of the finance transformation strategy within the Region, including global standardization of processes, policies and system configurations.
Responsible of the successful implementation of the transformation actions including transition to the SSC. Cooperate with the SSC for the implementation of process improvement initiatives (including technology enhancements) and to achieve efficiency targets
- Review and approve of all material accruals in MEC (B/S- and P&L-Impact) for the Region
- Local contact and authorized approver/administrator for all banks and banking transactions
- Project work as required by management
- Interface for the SSC for all In-Country related tasks and activities
- Compliance Representative of the Region
- “Transport” and communicate all financial accounting messages into the Region
You are a qualified accountant with at least 10 years professional experience in an international business environment with strong general technical accounting skills and a strategic and operational player. You have experience in working with SSC, strong IT skills and substantial experience with Excel/ PowerPoint software. Experience in SAP is preferred.
- are able to work independently and remotely, to take responsibilities based on work performed by others and to act in a proactive and pragmatic way. Issue resolution focus and drive for results
- are able to deal effectively in all business relationships while projecting a positive image of the company
- are able to exercise sound business judgment and discretion in treatment of sensitive/confidential information
- are able to communicate clearly and concisely, both in written and verbal formats within a multi-cultural environment
- are a flexible and approachable personality with hands-on approach, combining strong technical expertise with a commercial perspective and focus
- are able to work and deliver under pressure and in a changing and/or hostile environment
- are collaborative and a relationship builder. Team player and Good sense of humor. Smart and creative, able to “think outside the box”
- have strong Leadership and communication skills, able to interact with senior management and navigate politics
- are able, willing and flexible to travel as appropriate to deliver on expectations
- are ethical and trustworthy
- have excellent organizational skills
- have good presentation skills
- are fluent English and German language
Nico Brokking | Phone: +31 (0)6 21 25 35 40 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Eugene Kaerts | Phone: +31 (0)6 55 39 88 76 | Email: email@example.com