- Triceps: Executive Search –
Strategy, Efficiency and New Business
Plant Manager (reeds vervuld)
About the organization
Our customer is the Dutch subsidiary of a Swiss based company with approximately 1200 employees. The company is renowned for its unique and innovative food products. Tailor-made products and services are distributed worldwide in record time for a wide spectrum of customer needs. In their factory in the Netherlands they produce their products for numerous private labels throughout Europe. The Dutch plant produces for a great number of customers and countries demanding Structure, Standardisation and Flexibility in the daily routine. Operational excellence is key. The organization has made serious progress and is looking forward to continue this process. And to facilitate further growth our customer is considering relocation within the next coming two years.
About the role
A challenging combination of plant management and business responsibility in an international setting. You run the plant and steer the business. A growth strategy plan of 25% for the next 3 years is in place and your responsibility. The EBITDA target is 10% at least. Operating the Plant in every aspect is your drive and ambition. Continuous improvement in Supply Chain and Production an ongoing process. Development of new business in all strategic channels a shared goal. You provide leadership and direction to your team that is very motivated to take next steps in both their own and the companies process. Compliance with governance, HQ, Legal and other requirements is your responsibility. You are familiar with the corresponding financial reporting, both locally and corporate wise. You will report to the Group management in Switzerland and contribute to a lively exchange of strategic/operational information and activities.
You are an inspirational, dynamic and experienced personality with strong leadership skills and hands-on mentality. With high implementation and enforcement capacity you combine both line management and project management skills. Further development of a cooperative culture with a focus on fast growth combined with continues improvement will be your main delivery.
Furthermore as a professional:
- Bsc/Msc level (ideally in food engineering/mechanical engineering) combined with an MBA
- Proven management experience in a manufacturing/food processing environment, experience with P&L responsibility desired
- Advanced understanding of how to develop and lead high performing teams and ability to create a thriving plant in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to see and balance the local and the leading Group’s needs
- Good negotiator
- Fully proficient in Dutch (favourable native) and English. German is recommended
As a person:
- Self-confident, extrovert and open with persuasive communication skills
- Balanced and steady character
- Hard working executive with entrepreneurial spirit
- Knows when to bend not to bow
- Primus inter pares in a compact team